Are you looking to migrate your WordPress.com site?
If yes then you are on the right post
In this post I will show you the exact steps on how to migrate your existing WordPress.com website or blog to WordPress.org
I request you to read my post and follow these steps simultaneously so that you don’t miss out or get into any issues.
So without wasting your precious time let’s get started
- How To Migrate WordPress.com Site To WordPress.org [Self hosted site]
- Step 1 – Login to your WordPress Dashboard
- Step 2 – Click on Tools
- Step 3 – Click on Export
- Step 4 – Click Download Export file
- Step 5 – Login to WordPress Dashboard at new domain name
- Step 6 – Click on Tools and then select Import
- Step 7 – Scroll down page to bottom
- Step 8 – Click the link which says WordPress
- Step 9 – Click Browse and open the file which was exported
- Step 10 – Upload file and import
- Step 11 – Create or select the author for all posts
- Step 12 – Mark the checkbox for import file attachments
- Step 13 – Click Submit
How To Migrate WordPress.com Site To WordPress.org [Self hosted site]
Step 1 – Login to your WordPress Dashboard
You need to login to your WordPress.com dashboard with your user credentials
Step 2 – Click on Tools
Step 3 – Click on Export
Step 4 – Click Download Export file
Step 5 – Login to WordPress Dashboard at new domain name
You need to login to your new WordPress dashboard once you have installed WordPress in your hosting account
If you have not got your domain name and hosting you can easily get it
I have made a post on How To Get Free .COM Domain Name And Hosting From Fastcomet
Step 6 – Click on Tools and then select Import
Step 9 – Click Browse and open the file which was exported
Step 10 – Upload file and import
Step 12 – Mark the checkbox for import file attachments
Step 13 – Click Submit
Congratulations.. your WordPress blog has been successfully imported.
It does happen sometimes that images of your WordPress.com blog is not imported fully
In this case you just have to install a plugin called Import External Images
What this plugin does is it will fetch the images link from your old blog and insert them into your migrated WordPress blog
I hope you found my tutorial on “How to migrate WordPress.com to WordPress.org self hosted site” useful.
Kindly share it on social media.
You can also follow me on various social media like Facebook,Twitter and Youtube.
If you haven’t started your own blog you can read my post – Create WordPress blog in less than 10 minutes.